Monday, February 16, 2009

Asif Zamir No Longer Owes me $1190: Time to take down the blog?

Hi All!

Long time no post. The last time I posted I had given up all hope of ever seeing my money again.

In November, I got a call from the detective handling the case for the Peel police department. He had Asif Zamir on the line. The detective demanded that he pay me in full by the following Tuesday (it was Friday). I got $190 on Tuesday, rather than $1190. The following Saturday I got $400, the Saturday after that I got $300 and finally the last $300 owed of the principal the Saturday after that.

When Asif Zamir sent the first amount he said we could discuss compensation afterwards. I suggested that it should be $415 based on interest on $1190 over 1 year and 10 months, plus a penalty for lost time, aggravation etc. He agreed, but said he will only pay me at the end of December. My response was that I didn't believe him and I wanted the compensation immediately. Since that time he has been sending me $25 per week for a total compensation of around $225 or $250 so far.

I have been in touch with the other victims and it seems that of all the people who have contacted me over the last 2 years, there are 2 others who were refunded their money in November. Most of the others have been promised repayment by the end of February.

One of the things that I said to Asif Zamir when I was trying to convince him to give me my money back was that I would take down this blog once I got my money. Asif has asked me to take it down now that we are in the compensation phase, but I would feel guilty taking the blog down because there are so many people who have not been repaid.

So, now I ask you, dear readers, what should I do?

7 comments:

Pat said...

You could take this down, but start up another blog entitled 'Asif Zamir Owes Others Money', dedicated to making sure the rest of us receive proper compensation. I mean, you would still be true to your word.

Anonymous said...

The last thing I want is for other person to get ripped off by him, and I hope that this website may have kept a few would-be customers from sending their money to him. I would also hate for him to hire more people for his so called business without them knowing what he really is.

Maybe leave up the blog until the majority of victims are paid in full. You really dont owe HIM any favors, and you did state on the blog that he no longer owes you money so you are not misleading anyone there...

I figured that him paying you was only to get you to pull the site. I doubt anyone else will see much comming from him if he can only afford to send you $25 dollars at a time.

Unknown said...

Asif still owes me either my 700 dollars back or a 24-105 Canon IS L lens. Please keep the blog up.

Michael said...

Hi Rob,

Great to hear that you received your money back. This guys still owes me $850. Do we have any contact info for him? Is it still Bruce at Peel handling the case?

Let me know!

M

Anonymous said...

Please give me the name and contact of the detective in Peel Police. I have documented evidence that Asif Zamir has been a scam artist since 2000. He owes me in thousands, and like said earlier, has made promises and excuses till 2 years ago. Then he disappeared. He needs to be arrested and put away before he victimizes some other innocent person.

About Me said...

I don't know the new contact name at the Peel police dept. Call the general number and ask for the fraud dept. They should be able to direct you to the right person.

Mike Paterson said...

Leave it up Rob. Too bad for Asif. He's done nothing but cause misery to many. A taste of his own doing by leaving this blog online as long as the internet lives. It gives me great pleasure to know that he's pissed off seeing this blog still up:o) Smile Asif, you're on candid camera!